From: Shae <s...@eircom.net>
To: pestlist <pestlist@museumpests.net>
Sent: Tue, Jan 3, 2012 3:48 pm
Subject: RE: [pestlist] LinkedIn discussion

Dear list

By way of introduction, I’ve been a docent with the Hunt Museum, Limerick,
Ireland, for about 15 years. Since my retirement from my ‘real’ job as
environmental scientist, the museum has coerced me into becoming its pest
monitor.

We use ‘blunder’ traps which I check every 2 weeks or so. Because of our
proximity to the river Shannon, the traps often contain quite a few insects
such as midges that emerge from the aquatic environment.  I believe the use of
pheromone attractants would make my job a lot easier because it would attract
only those pests of concern.

I’d like to hear more.

Regards

Shae Clancy