Shae -

LOL!  ;-)

Tom Parker

-----Original Message-----
From: Shae <s...@eircom.net>
To: pestlist <pestlist@museumpests.net>
Sent: Tue, Jan 3, 2012 6:09 pm
Subject: RE: [pestlist] LinkedIn discussion

Hi Tom

Our outdoor lighting at the Hunt Museum is sodium vapour, so we’re being very good. Even so, our proximity to the Shannon river results in quite a high number of aquatic flies (mostly Dipterans) that clutter up our blunder traps but are harmless. Thus my interest in the pheromone traps, which would attract only real pests.

However, I note Cindi’s concern that pheromone traps would actually attract pests, so I’m wondering how the proposed traps can avoid this.

Meanwhile, getting back to lighting, we have a couple of items that might qualify for red. One is a sheela-na-gig who has lost her head and most of her legs, but she still has the important bits.

The other is a self-portrait by Robert Fagan with his second wife, Maria. Apparently he was so devastated by the death of his first wife that he waited a whole six months to marry Maria.

Painting, The Artist and his Wife

Shae