because of the life cycle of the carpet beetle? Thanks again. I learn so much
from this list!

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2017, at 8:44 PM, bugman22
<bugma...@aol.com<mailto:bugma...@aol.com>> wrote:

Betsy -

By the way, the carpet beetle larvae feasted on a spider body, leaving some of
the legs behind.  The evidence means this glueboard was there for at least
several months, if not more.

Tom Parker

-----Original Message-----
From: Betsy Bruemmer <betsy.bruem...@mohai.org<mailto:betsy.bruem...@mohai.org>>
To: pestlist <pestlist@museumpests.net<mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>>
Sent: Fri, Feb 10, 2017 6:11 pm
Subject: RE: [pestlist] Two id questions

Interesting! Thank you. I do get a carpet beetle here and there but not very
often. I have some dermestid traps as well, so I will also try placing those
next to the sticky traps to see if I get any results. I don’t see damage on the
artifacts but then it can be difficult to tell with history collections.

BETSY BRUEMMER | Collections Manager

MOHAI Resource Center
5933 6th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98108
Mailing: PO Box 80816, Seattle, WA 98108
P 206 324 1126 Ext 122   F 206 767 2249
betsy.bruem...@mohai.org<mailto:betsy.bruem...@mohai.org>
MOHAI.org<http://MOHAI.org>

[cid:image013.png@01D283AF.D7863CE0]<https://www.facebook.com/seattlehistory>
[cid:image014.png@01D283AF.D7863CE0] <https://twitter.com/MOHAI>
[cid:image015.png@01D283AF.D7863CE0] <https://instagram.com/mohaiseattle/>
<image016.jpg><http://www.mohai.org/ediblecity>

Edible City: A Delicious Journey | On view 11/19/16–9/10/17
#edibleMOHAI