On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:28:05PM -0600, Jolan Luff wrote:

> n       n               209k/s
> n       y               11.2k/s
> y       n               209k/s
> y       y               103k/s
>
> Almost an order of magnitude faster... I'd say it works well :P

I noticed some effects that I can't fully explain yet. If I set the altq
bandwidth to 128Kb, download drops worse than when I set it somewhat
lower (100Kb works best). I assume that's because the real upstream
capacity is lowered by PPPoE, and giving altq a value higher than the
real limit causes the priorizing to get less than optimal. If I lower
the bandwidth value further, the download drop gets worse, too. So I
guess you have to find the optimal value manually to get the best
effect.

5% -> 50% is quite good, I wonder if you can reach 95% with the right
settings. :)

Daniel