On 2010-11-17 15.09, Tony Caduto wrote:
On 11/15/2010 5:53 PM, Lee Hachadoorian wrote:
If anyone's interested, I've started accessing the postgres list through
gmane.org (along with several other mailing lists I subscribe to). It's
gives you the choice of reading the list as a threaded archive, a blog,
or through an NNTP newsreader or an RSS feed. Everyone chooses their
preferred interface, the community is not fractured by interface
preference.

Honestly those options suck.
The mailing lists etc are fine, but they are kind of old school, people
coming from other databases
expect a web based forum plain and simple. To attract more users the
forums are a GREAT idea.

Stop this ridiculous complaining about interface fracture etc .

I can tell you for SURE that many people who are not OLD SCHOOL hate
mailing lists, A web based forum
gives everyday users more of a chance of interacting with the community.

It would be a good idea to stop the bickering and just implement the
forums.

It's not bickering. It's a discussion and it is what makes the PostgreSQL community keep such a high standard on code and documentation.

Sorry if people don't like my honest answer :-)

--
Regards,
Robert "roppert" Gravsjö