On 4/4/15 8:38 AM, Chris Curvey wrote:

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us
<mailto:t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:

    Chris Curvey <ch...@chriscurvey.com <mailto:ch...@chriscurvey.com>>
    writes:
    > Hmm, I'm trying to create a gin index, thusly:
    > create index foo_idx on foo using gin(entry gin_trgm_ops);

    > and I'm getting the error "could not split GIN page; no new items fit"

    > Any idea what this means, or how I can get around it?

    Looks to me like a bug (ie, the code seems to think this is a
    can't-happen
    case).  Don't suppose you could supply sample data that triggers this?

                             regards, tom lane

I can!  I just copied the data to a new table, obfuscated the sensitive
parts, and was able to reproduce the error.  I can supply the script to
create and populate the table, but that's still clocking in at 250Mb
after being zipped. What's the best way of getting this data out to
someone who can take a look at this?  (Feel free to contact me off-list
to coordinate.)

It would be nice if you could further reduce it, but if not I'd suggest posting it to something like DropBox and posting the public link here.