That's pretty cool! But the intended use of watchdog is so you can have
multiple pgpool-II instances and failover among them (
http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#watchdog) rather than
failure of Postgres. In the configuration described in that wiki what
happens when the DBMS goes down but pgpool-II is fine? The watchdog appears
to be monitoring the pgpool-II process, not the postgres/postmaster process.

*Will J. Dunn*
*willjdunn.com <http://willjdunn.com>*