On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Joshua D. Drake <j...@commandprompt.com>
 wrote:

> "When backend node status changes by failover etc., watchdog notifies the
> information to other pgpool-IIs and synchronizes them. When online recovery
> occurs, watchdog restricts client connections to other pgpool-IIs for
> avoiding inconsistency between backends."

You're taking that out of context, though. That is coming from the doc
http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#watchdog, which is
describing how Watchdog coordinates fault of *pgpool-II* backend processes
and coordinates the pgpool-II instances with each other. It is for
maintaining availability of pgpool-II and monitoring for failure of
pgpool-II backends, not Postgres/postmaster.

*Will J. Dunn*
*willjdunn.com <http://willjdunn.com>*