On 12/13/2016 11:18 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
Tom Lane schrieb am 13.12.2016 um 19:35:
These cases work for me.  Maybe your shell is doing something weird
with the quotes?

Hmm, that's the default bash from CentOS 6 (don't know the exact version)

I'm using bash from current RHEL6, should be the same.

I'm suspicious that you're not actually typing plain-ASCII single and
double quotes, but some fancy curly quote character.

Definitely not. I typed this manually on the command line using Putty

So you are reaching the Bash shell via Putty on a Windows machine, correct?

So have you tried the answer from the SO question?:

"\"Statuses\""

Bash version is "GNU bash, version 4.1.2(1)-release (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu)"

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com