On 12/14/2016 11:37 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
Adrian Klaver schrieb am 14.12.2016 um 15:32:
I'm suspicious that you're not actually typing plain-ASCII single and
double quotes, but some fancy curly quote character.

Definitely not. I typed this manually on the command line using Putty

So you are reaching the Bash shell via Putty on a Windows machine, correct?

Correct.

So have you tried the answer from the SO question?:

"\"Statuses\""

Still doesn't work:

  -bash-4.1$ pg_dump -d postgres -t "\"Statuses\""
  pg_dump: no matching tables were found

Must apparently be something strange with the bash on that server.

Have you tried using using something other then Putty to connect to the machine and/or from a non-Windows machine?

It's not really important, as we never use quoted identifiers where I work
anyway (and the above problem is precisely one of the reasons).

I was just curious what the correct solution would be, but apparently there is
no single answer and it depends on the environment.

Thomas

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com