31.01.2017 6:43, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Nikolai Zhubr<n-a-zh...@yandex.ru>  wrote:
I'm observing some strange inexplicable effect in 9.5.5 server running on
x86 windows (32-bit windows xp sp3).

Oh, well... You are aware that this is out of support by Microsoft, right?

Sure. The box is quite old.
However, at the moment I'm not confident the issue is XP-specific. Not even really sure it is windows-specific. And, I can't see any indication that the behaviour of e.g. WaitForMultipleObjects() changed much from NT 3.51 to Windows 10 anyway.

[...]
1. "select localtimestamp" 40 times (As separate requests, one by one, but
no delay inserted in between)
2. wait 1/2 second.
3. goto 1

Craig, could this be a side-effect of 519b0757? That's new in 9.5, and
that's directly related to the code paths discussed here.

Meanwhile I'll redo my tests using 9.4 instead of 9.5 and report back.

Thank you.

Nikolai