On 04/12/2017 02:37 PM, Osahon Oduware wrote:
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your response. From the solution you provided, does it mean I
have to build PostgreSQL first from source, before building GDAL from
source?

Well you need something to provide pg_config for the version of Postgres you want to install Postgis on it. That could come from packaged version as well as a source built version. In your case you showed already building Postgres. From your previous post:

"Next I built PostgreSQL successfully from source as below:
./configure --prefix=/path/to/pgsql
make
make install"

I would say the order is:

1) A Postgres installation with pg_config, whether that is building from source or installing a package.

2) Build GDAL using the pg_config from 1)

3) Build Postgis using the pg_config from 1) and gdalconfig from 2)

I don't use Postgis so this is just a best guess on my part. That is why I initially suggested just using the Postgres Yum repos to install Postgres and Postgis. Then the build process is taken care of for you.

On Apr 12, 2017 19:24, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com