On 06/15/2017 01:23 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
Hi, Adrian,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 4:13 PM, Adrian Klaver
<adrian.kla...@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 06/15/2017 12:02 PM, Igor Korot wrote:

Hi, again,

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Igor Korot <ikoro...@gmail.com> wrote:

   Hi, ALL,
I'm looking at the documentation at
www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-connect.html
section 32.1.2.

The part for "option" reads:

[quote]
Specifies command-line options to send to the server...
[/quote]

Does this mean that if I'm writing a C/C++ program, I shouldn't care
about that?
Or there are legitimate set of options I can set to pass to
PQconnectDB()?

In addition:

Where can I get a list of client encoding I can pass on the connection
to the server?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/multibyte.html

Is it possible to update the libpq-connect page with this link?

Probably something you could bring up on:

https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-docs/

And could you clarify on the first part of this?
From the quote I poste it sounds like this is available only in command-line
tools. And if someone will use it inside the program it will be ignored.

I use tools that use libpq, but I do not use it directly so I do not have a definitive answer. I do see this:

"Several libpq functions parse a user-specified string to obtain connection parameters. There are two accepted formats for these strings: plain keyword = value strings and RFC 3986 URIs."

at the head of the section(32.1.1. Connection Strings) from which you quoted. What those functions are I have no idea.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

--