On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Igor Korot <ikoro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And could you clarify on the first part of this?
> From the quote I poste it sounds like this is available only in
> command-line
> tools. And if someone will use it inside the program it will be ignored.

​The options you pass from the client via the "options" attribute are
interpreted by *the server* as command-line options.  They are not options
that control libpq itself.

I can kinda see the confusion here but I'm not sure how to write it more
clearly without being excessively verbose.  I haven't seen this particular
confusion before so I'd say the wording is reasonable and the mailing lists
are doing their job of providing a forum for providing clarity.

David J.