Hi,

We're dealing with a 9.5.5 database with the symptom that, after a certain
amount of time after restart, the startup process reaches a certain WAL
segment, and stops.  The startup process runs at 100% CPU, with no output from
strace.  There are no queries running on the secondary, so it's not a delay for
queries.  The WAL receiver continues to operate normally, and we can see
sent_location / write_location / flush_location continue to move ahead in
parallel, with replay_location stuck in that WAL segment.

Suggestions on further diagnosis?

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   x...@thebuild.com