On 05/09/2006 10:24:28 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
"Karl O. Pinc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On 05/08/2006 06:42:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Um ... it looks to me like you're trying to restore into an
existing
>> table that already has the same data loaded ...

> I'm not clear on where to start with this.

Well, the first thing is to look at the database after the failure and
see if there's already data in the table.  I'm betting you'll find
there
is.  Then you would start trying to figure out where it came from.

I tried that already.  Nothing in the table.

One thought that comes to mind: maybe the table exists in template1?

Don't think so.  Nothing has gone into template1.

Karl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq