On 24.04.2024 12:19, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
On 24 Apr 2024, at 11:13, Anton A. Melnikov <a.melni...@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

On 24.04.2024 12:02, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
On 19.04.24 05:50, Anton A. Melnikov wrote:

May be better use this macro everywhere in C code?
I don't know.  I don't find XLOG_CONTROL_FILE to be a very intuitive proxy for
"pg_control".

Maybe, but inconsistent usage is also unintuitive.

Then maybe replace XLOG_CONTROL_FILE with PG_CONTROL_FILE?

The PG_CONTROL_FILE_SIZE macro is already in the code.
With the best regards,

XLOG_CONTROL_FILE is close to two decades old so there might be extensions
using it (though the risk might be slim), perhaps using offering it as as well
as backwards-compatability is warranted should we introduce a new name?

To ensure backward compatibility we can save the old macro like this:

#define XLOG_CONTROL_FILE       "global/pg_control"
#define PG_CONTROL_FILE         XLOG_CONTROL_FILE

With the best wishes,

--
Anton A. Melnikov
The Russian Postgres Company