On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 5:28 PM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
<houzj.f...@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Monday, April 29, 2024 5:11 PM shveta malik <shveta.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 11:38 AM shveta malik <shveta.ma...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > synchronous replication is not used).

> > loss.

> > > Thanks for the patch.
> > >
> > > Few comments:
> > >
> > > 1)  Tested the steps, one of the queries still refers to
> > > 'conflict_reason'. I think it should refer 'conflicting'.
>
> Thanks for catching this. Fixed.
>

> > > 2) Will it be good to mention that in case of planned promotion, it is
> > > recommended to run  pg_sync_replication_slots() as last sync attempt
> > > before we run failvoer-ready validation steps? This can be mentioned
> > > in high-availaibility.sgml of current patch
> >
> > I recall now that with the latest fix, we cannot run
> > pg_sync_replication_slots() unless we disable the slot-sync worker.
> > Considering that, I think it will be too many steps just to run the SQL
> > function at
> > the end without much value added. Thus we can skip this point, we can rely
> > on
> > slot sync worker completely.
>
> Agreed. I didn't change this.
>
> Here is the V3 doc patch.

Thanks for the patch.

It will be good if 1a can produce quoted slot-names list as output,
which can be used directly in step 1b's query; otherwise, it is little
inconvenient to give input to 1b if the number of slots are huge. User
needs to manually quote each slot-name.

Other than this, the patch looks good to me.

thanks
Shveta