On Jul 31, 2008, at 10:42, David E. Wheeler wrote:

Good point --- so new members of STRING category aren't going to be that
common, except for domains which apparently aren't bothering people
anyway.  I'll go ahead and make the change.  (I think it's just a
trivial change in find_coercion_pathway, and everything else should
Just Work.  If it turns out not to be trivial maybe we should
reconsider.)

Wow. Really nice, Tom. Thanks!

The attached patch has all the tests I added to my svn version against 8.3, and for which I had to write 60 additional cast functions.

Ping! Just wanted to make sure this wasn't lost in the shuffle…

Thanks,

David