This looks good. Shoud I try to elaborate on that for the patch with error logging and autopartitioning in COPY?

manu

Robert Haas wrote:
Here's a half-baked proof of concept for the above approach.  This
probably needs more testing than I've given it, and I haven't
attempted to fix the psql parser or update the documentation, but it's
at least an outline of a solution.  I did patch all the regression
tests to use the new syntax, so you can look at that part of the patch
to get a flavor for it.  If this is broadly acceptable I can attempt
to nail down the details, or someone else is welcome to pick it up.
It's on my git repo as well, as usual.

--
Emmanuel Cecchet
Aster Data Systems