On Jan 7, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> You might want to clarify in your prose what an "extension" is.  I
> suspect I know what you mean, but perhaps not everyone does.

Good suggestion, thanks. How about this in the FAQ?

* WTF is an "extension"?

An extension is a piece of software that adds functionality to PostgreSQL
itself. Examples are data types (CITEXT, PERIOD), utilities (newsysviews,
pgTAP), and procedural languages (PL/Ruby, PL/R), among others. An extension is
*not* a piece of software designed to run on top of PostgreSQL (Bricolage,
Drupal).

Best,

David