On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 18:48, Dave Page <dp...@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> 2010/1/8 Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net>:
>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 18:44, Dave Page <dp...@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>> The current set of active mirrors can always be found at
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors.xml, so you can build URLs on the
>>> mirror network using the protocol, host, port and path from the mirror
>>> list, and then the relative path for the file.
>>
>> Or you can hit it off the mirror redirector on the website, which will
>> then give you automatic download tracking.
>
> Right, but you need the mirror ID for that iirc. Maybe we should add
> that to the XML...

That, or implement that "send  me to a random mirror" feature. Or
maybe the "send me to a random close mirror if available, or a random
global if not" feature. :-)

Either way, there's definitely room for some improvement there, but
let's figure out what the exact needs are first :-)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/