On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 05:30, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:
> On 12/04/2010 11:11 PM, Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
>> One exports the copy functions from the core, and another
>> implements file_fdw using the infrastructure.
>
> Who is actually going to do this split?

I'm working for it :-)  I extract those functions from copy.c:

- CopyState BeginCopyFrom(Relation rel, const char *filename,
                          List *attnamelist, List *options);
- void EndCopyFrom(CopyState cstate);
- bool NextCopyFrom(CopyState cstate,
                    Datum *values, bool *nulls, Oid *oid);

There was Reset() in file_fdw, but it is not contained in the
patch. It will be added again if required, but I wonder we might
need not only reset but also mark/restore a position in a file.

--
Itagaki Takahiro