On 12/13/2010 11:12 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan<and...@dunslane.net>  writes:
Hmm. I don't think that's going to expose enough for what I want to be
able to do. I actually had in mind exposing lower level routines like
CopyReadAttibutesCSV/CopyReadAttributesText and allowing the Foreign
Data Wrapper to manipulate the raw values read (for example from an
irregularly shaped CSV file).
I think that exposing the guts of COPY to the open air is a bad idea.
We refactor that code for performance or other reasons every release or
two.  I don't want to find us tied down to the current implementation
because we're afraid of breaking third-party FDWs.

In that case I guess I'll need to do what Shigeru-san has done, and copy large parts of copy.c.

cheers

andrew