On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Amit Langote <langote_amit...@lab.ntt.co.jp
> wrote:

> The compiler I have here (gcc (GCC) 6.2.0) didn't complain like that for
> this typedef redefinition introduced by the 0002 patch, but it seems that
> it's not needed anyway, so got rid of that line in the attached updated
> patch.
>
> Fixed one more useless diff in 0002, but no changes in any other patch

Thanks for updated patches, I am able to compile it on head.

While testing this, I got an observation, pruning is not scanning default
partition leading to wrong output. below is test to reproduce this.

create table rp (a int, b varchar) partition by range (a);
create table rp_p1 partition of rp default;
create table rp_p2 partition of rp for values from (1) to (10);
create table rp_p3 partition of rp for values from (10) to (maxvalue);

insert into rp values (-1,'p1');
insert into rp values (1,'p2');
insert into rp values (11,'p3');

postgres=# select tableoid::regclass,* from rp;
 tableoid | a  | b
----------+----+----
 rp_p2    |  1 | p2
 rp_p3    | 11 | p3
 rp_p1    | -1 | p1
(3 rows)

--with pruning
postgres=# explain (costs off) select * from rp where a <= 1;
        QUERY PLAN
--------------------------
 Append
   ->  Seq Scan on rp_p2
         Filter: (a <= 1)
(3 rows)

postgres=# select * from rp where a <= 1;
 a | b
---+----
 1 | p2
(1 row)