Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

On Thursday 20 November 2003 20:00, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

I am still wary of inverting vacuum analyze frequency. You think it is
better to set inverted default rather than documenting it?

I think inverting the vacuum and analyze frequency is wrong.

Me. Too. ATM all I can think of this patch attached. Josh, is it sufficient for you?..:-)

The patch just adds an example to the README, this looks ok to me.

Matthew, I am confyused about one thing. Why would autovacuum count updates while checking for analyze threshold? Analyze does not change statistics right? ( w.r.t line 1072, pg_autovacuum.c). For updating statistics, only inserts+deletes should suffice, isn't it?

An update is the equivelant of an insert and a delete, so it counts towards the analyze count as much as an insert.

Other than that, I think autovacuum does everything it can.

It could be more customizable.

     joining column's datatypes do not match