On 03.11.2008, at 15:44, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

Yes good idea, to have 2 differents names, but why Pharo-IDE ? There
is no IDE in the core version ?

There is only a minimal one, and it will be further reduced in the future. So, for real work, it is suggested to use the "IDE" image, which includes all the productivity tools like autocompletion and syntax highlighting (for a list see http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Packages) . However, for a Seaside server I would rather use the core to reduce the memory footprint.

I tend to agree with Serge on this. Having IDE in the name might be confusing for people.
Why not to have Pharo-standard and Pharo-Enterprise ?

The idea is that the version *with* the tools is the standard. Not the one without. ;-)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~denker