On Nov 3, 2008, at 10:55 , Serge Stinckwich wrote:

2008/11/3 Adrian Lienhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
thanks, I forgot to list the one-click image. I added the plan to
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Milestones

Concerning terminology, I suggest to name the official Pharo image, which will be packaged as a one-click image, "Pharo-IDE". And the one where the actual development of Pharo takes place is named Pharo-CORE. Using DEV is ambiguous because its not clear whether this image is supposed to develop
applications or Pharo itself.

Yes good idea, to have 2 differents names, but why Pharo-IDE ? There
is no IDE in the core version ?

There is only a minimal one, and it will be further reduced in the future. So, for real work, it is suggested to use the "IDE" image, which includes all the productivity tools like autocompletion and syntax highlighting (for a list see http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Packages) . However, for a Seaside server I would rather use the core to reduce the memory footprint.

Why not Pharo-stable and Pharo-unstable ?

because there exists a stable CORE too. Changes are done on the core and from this the IDE is then built.

I hope this helps to explain the rationale behind the suggested naming.

Adrian