Hi,

OCompletion certainly improved the coding experience in Pharo. But, I
have a couple of usability suggestions with OCompletion to make it
better. It would be great if someone (Romain? :)) could act on them:

1. Right now, OCompletion is triggered both by Tab and by Enter. It
should be only Tab.

Here is the reason. When I have a cascade, I want to have the methods
starting from the next line, like this:
browser mondrian
        title: 'Something';
        painting: [:view ... ]

So, after I type browser mondrian, I naturally want to press Enter.
However, there exists a method called mondrianAnnounce:, and when I
press Enter it gets filled in. So, the intent of Enter should be
similar to that of Space: just as a whitespace. Tab is a good choice
for triggering the completion because we basically only use Tabs only
in a new line where the completion does not apply.

2. When no completion is offered and I press tab, I do get some list.
Why is this not offered by default? Is it because it is slower? Is it
because it is the regular ECompletion and that is not useful?

3. The completion is triggered only when typing, but not when removing
characters. I believe it would be better if it followed me all the time.

4. When I want to navigate through the offered list using the down
arrow the look changes and the items become wider. In fact, the same
appears when I force completion by pressing Tab, so this leads me to
believe that the change in the look is given by the change from O to E
completion. The look should remain the same.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."