On 25 April 2010 23:03, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:

>> (a)(Smalltalk parser) ->
>
> could you plug the IRBuilder

yes i can! The Moebius parser designed by taking in mind, that it can
be used as a backend
for any kind of encoding. It recognizing a smalltalk syntax and
semantic elements and then passing the messages to encoder.
And encoder can be anything. It can encode the parsed data into any
kind of AST , its just needs to conform with parser's protocol,
but can use arbitrary data structures for building the method's AST.
Parser don't have _any_ assumptions, into what form an encoder
translating the parsed data.

So, for instance, i can implement a syntax highlighting encoder, based
on this parser, without a need of having separate parser targeted only
for syntax highlighting (like SHParserST80)

>> (b)(Native intermediate instructions
>> generator (compiler)) -> (c)(Native code translator)
>> -> (d)(AsmJit)
>>
>> I having a, b and d , but c is still not complete.
>> And sure thing, one can use it for own purposes , since Moebius
>> implemented purely in smalltalk,
>> and works in Squeak/Pharo, so potentially it can be retargeted to anything
>> else.

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.