Thanks for your list. Now my comments.

Did you guess why I asked this pol?

        - How can companies expect that all these points will be done if nobody
puts money on the table
        or allocate time of their employee, or open source some of their
software? Magic, wishful thinking?

        - We will do what we can and what is in our critical path.

        - We are thinking a consortium of companies and institutions that could
be willing to help pharo.
        Now so far I do not see companies really putting effort so may be
nothing will happen but this will not be
        because of us. :)

> High Priority:
> Enusure very high reliability of the base Pharo. No bugs that are not fixable
> by the average developer with a bit of google and sending a few emails. If it
> needs that one expert in one other end.. business continuity is hugely
> impacted

        - INRIA is putting 24 months expert engineer on the table and we will
clean and simplify the core. Now we will see what will happen.

> Primary:
> * better-faster VM aka Cog mainstream

        Teleplace played it the perfect way. I think that they will gain from
the help of the community but so far I imagine that they
        pay every month the salary of people to develop and maintain Cog so
again no real magic.

> * Highly performant DBMS connectivity natively akin to JDBC through to all
> DBs no DB specific stuff like now, the Squeak DBX is not business friendly
> * Comprehensive Web Services + XMLRPC

        there is a XMLRPC package that cries to get improved. Just allocate
some time and improve it.

> * Pharo-Groovy bridge and / or Pharo-Ruby bridge ( or can we make Pharo work
> in tandem with a JVM..!  this will help leverage the tons of frameworks in
> existence even if they are tad slower than native Java)

        There is javaconnect and JNI and I imagine that people are welcomed to
help and improve.

> * Configuration Management System plugin for SVN
> * Acceleration of easy docs and plugins/ web development related framework
> interfaces from Seaside viz flex/ silverlight: many that are possible as of
> now, but needs a Smalltalk expert to cobble it up

        did you discuss that in the seaside mailing-list

> * Have not really gone deeper with Webclient/ FTPClient/ SMTPClient et als.
> they need to be really simple/ highly reliable/ dumbed down for the average
> coder to pick snippets and make it work

        Yes

> May be lots more.. I can bring in lot more thought this in terms of Generic/
> Sectoral or Domain/ Type of Apps preferences viz:
> Banking/Insurance/Utilities/Technical/ Web vs GUI etc ...So first we should
> think hard on the segment you want to hit harder..
>
> Secondary:
> * Better tools for GUI Dev and more standard GUI development capabilities
        yes but again...

> * Make Pharo easily usable for a team of 100+ developers together in
> one/multiple locations with code synch issues, change / version control ,
> performance ( a host of other stuff included) taken care of.

        There is Monticello.
        ***we*** are working on a fast binary loader but but but nothing is
clear.

> * Pluggable to industry standard tools for development: Rational/ Together
> Soft viz for UML creation and conversion to code / reverse engineer code to
> UML

        why would I spent my time without support to connect with tools that
cost thousands dollars a license?

> Follow through with:
> * Pluggable with QTP/ Testing Automation tools.. Actually this is very
> important in the standard large volume development. Makes a huge difference
> for the risk mitigation for the company. really inexpensive , kind of not so
> highly technical staff runs this show in comparison to Unit Tests/ test
> automation through ST code is a more riskier investment and I have not seen
> in JAva/ .Net / or even Smalltalk large legacy projects unit test done and
> maintained well enough

        It seems that pharo is the first smalltalk to have a good integration
with hudson (thanks guys we know who you are) so there is definitively
        some good news on that item.