Hi -

Thanks everyone for the reasoned and civil responses. It is good to see that we can have a disagreement without getting overly personal. Unfortunately, it seems that I'm effectively offered a no-win alternative here; I do not see how any of the discussed alternatives would help me achieve my goals. I will have to think about where to take things from here. If anyone has ideas, please let me know.

Cheers,
  - Andreas