On 31.08.2010 08:47, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
snip

Yeah, that's why I added the 200000 4KB docs / sec number.
I really doubt the conversion will be a significant part of the processing time
if what you send out is so small you are able to convert 800k messages per
second...
It depends on the machine/load/etc.
I feel like we already had this discussion over the cull: implementation, and I
doubt either of us is going to change their mind, so let's stop here :)

but cull: is in squeak now I think :)
I did not look carefully
Yes, the discussion wasn't over its usefulness.
Like now, it was whether the degree of optimization Levente presented was useful in any real scenarios :)

Cheers,
Henry