Friedrich Dominicus wrote
>Another  stuff I simply do not get is package-cache. Why is it local to
>every other Pharo image? Why can't I say drop all below package-cache on
>my machine that's it.

Usually one pharo installation does not know about the other
if you just unzip. So the cache is by default relative to the installation.
Thats the same in Eclipse and other IDE's.

If you want you can set a common directory for all images using

 MCCacheRepository>>default:

Since it would be better to have a setting in the Settings
browser I opened

and fixed it for Pharo 2.0 in
SLICE-Issue-6260-Monticello-cache-location-should-be-configurable-tbn.1

Please test on different patforms for integration.

Thx
T.