"Torsten Bergmann" <asta...@gmx.de> writes:

> Friedrich Dominicus wrote
>>Another  stuff I simply do not get is package-cache. Why is it local to
>>every other Pharo image? Why can't I say drop all below package-cache on
>>my machine that's it.
>
> Usually one pharo installation does not know about the other
> if you just unzip. So the cache is by default relative to the installation.
> Thats the same in Eclipse and other IDE's.
>
> If you want you can set a common directory for all images using
>
>  MCCacheRepository>>default:
Well this is not there at least in Pharo 1.3. I found it in Pharo 2.0
So well "helped" myself with the symbolic links. How nice Unices
sometimes are ;-)

> Since it would be better to have a setting in the Settings
> browser I opened

> and fixed it for Pharo 2.0 in
> SLICE-Issue-6260-Monticello-cache-location-should-be-configurable-tbn.1
Ok, I see, one has to use Pharo 2.0 and the most actual Monticello to
make something out of a SLICE. Another thing learned today.

Regards
Friedrich