I've got a new toy!  It is a wind up Panatrope, model 12-8. Now I need to
find out its age and rarity.  It is a great sounding "Orthophonic" style
machine.  The motor runs smoothly and is quiet.  The cabinet is in pretty
nice shape too.  I think the crank, which has surface rust was originally
painted black. I am curious to know if it is the right crank.  It looks like
a Victrola crank, with a male thread crank where the earlier acoustic
Brunswick I own is a female thread crank.  I have not pulled out the motor
yet.

I have also bought an early XI that was lacking the motor and had a Sonora
reproducer on it (yes the rebuilt Sonora Maestrophone reproducer on Ybay is
one and the same).  I have a motor that is correct for the machine but I
don't have the female thread crank for it and have not looked for an
escutcheon yet.  I will also have to either get the right speed control rod
for it or bend the one that is on the motor.  My motor is from an even
earlier XI or maybe a X.  It uses the sliding lever where the speed control
rod bends upward and runs in a slot at the end of the lever.  The XI I'm
rescuing has a dial speed control and needs the rod that just rests on a
rotating spiral under the motor board. I may even try to fabricate one
rather than rebend the one I have.  So, if anyone has the needed parts (they
can be rusty, I can clean them up), let me know off list.

Thanks for any info.

Ron L