What book and where does it say the records were lubed?

The reason I am interested, I have recently been thinking that DD's would
likely benefit from a lube.  I have written with a man that said he had used
Pledge on his wax cylinder records for 20 years with no adverse affects.

I appreciate you post because I find it interesting.

Pledge has HYDROTREATED HEAVY NAPHTHA, I have no idea how it would affect the
record surfaces.

http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/safety/MSDS/PLEDGE%20LEMON.htm