Condensite is what the recording surface is made from. It is a bakelite type resin IIRC, but not identical. The Blue amberols were indeed lubed as well as the DD. I just do not remember what it was. I am sure that you will need at least an EPA or Dept. of Homeland Security permit to obtain any in todays world.

Steven Medved wrote:
I read the Leo Bakeland came to Edison and when they tried to use Bakelite as a record coating that the record would not come out of the mold until it was thrown on the floor causing the record to break. I have heard of people that found NOS blue amberols with a waxy coating and one guy that said DD's were given a coating for some years.
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:48:30 -0500
From: rich-m...@octoxol.com
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Courtesty

Naphtha will soften the wax. If you use enough of it you can wipe the recording right off the cylinder.

I have seen references to the original Diamond Disks being lubed by the factory but can not remember what was used. It was not a wax or pledge nor was it a petroleum. The surface is basically Bakelite type resin and is relatively tolerant of most common lubes.

Maybe someone else will remember what it was.

Steven Medved wrote:
What book and where does it say the records were lubed?
The reason I am interested, I have recently been thinking that DD's would
likely benefit from a lube.  I have written with a man that said he had used
Pledge on his wax cylinder records for 20 years with no adverse affects.

I appreciate you post because I find it interesting.

Pledge has HYDROTREATED HEAVY NAPHTHA, I have no idea how it would affect the record surfaces.
http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/safety/MSDS/PLEDGE%20LEMON.htm