It uses the same type of ratchet.  Contact George Vollema and he'll hook you
right up.
Dave

--- On Mon, 3/1/10, tubado...@aol.com <tubado...@aol.com> wrote:

From: tubado...@aol.com <tubado...@aol.com>
Subject: [Phono-L] Amberola 75 help needed.
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Monday, March 1, 2010, 5:48 PM

I am trying to get a tired old amberola 75 working.  The main problem  I am
facing is the crank ratchet.
The device on both my amberola 30s have a metal tab that turns out of the
way when winding and backs into the teeth of the gears to prevent movement
in  the other direction.  This 75 seems to be missing or never had this metal
piece. It has only whats left of a friction spring that would release in
the  winding direction and grab the other way. There is nothig it would  grab
onto however. Whatever it was hooked to is gone or did it just have  the
end of the spring bent to interfere with the gear mesh when  undwinding.  I
suspect that could be but when winding, it would just click  along the teeth
of the spring barrel gear. Is that how it was made? Improved  later maybe?
Anyway if just the spring did the whole trick I  would need one.  Please
enlighten me.
Thanks.
Don