Apparently it didn't hurt the price on this one... $1,200+

That's what is puzzling about eBay. Some great items go cheap, and others -
like this GEM and the Frankenphone with the PVC horn elbow from a few weeks
ago, go over the top. Don't get me wrong - the GEM was attractively done, but
it would be great at $400-500, not $1,200.