It's usually best to close out public things in public, since the interwebs
never forget.  That is, if you say bad stuff about somebody that turns out to
not be true, you need to correct yourself.

Otherwise somebody far in the future looks up the poor besmirched guy and finds
out what a foul person he is, and believes it, because his rehabilitation is
missing.

Sound reasonable?

Sent from my iPad

-- Peter