From: john robles <john9...@pacbell.net>
To: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Thu, May 24, 2012 9:39 pm
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Fwd: Re:  Rob Mallet

To the Board: As you all know I made a grave mistake in identity between two
"Robs", one of whom is a regular contributor to this board, and one of whom
ripped off a friend of mine for significant money. Rob Mallet wrote me to
correct the misunderstanding, which he did in a polite and gentlemanly manner.
apologized profusely for the misunderstanding (three separate times) and was
forgiven.

Since that time, I have been bullied and harassed by a member of this board
(who
I have never seen participate in anything), who declared himself judge, jury
and
executioner and has been demanding that I make a public apology. I told him
that
I had apologized to Rob Mallet (I thought my apologies were public; turns out
Rob had written me off list so the responses were private) and that it was none
of his business to which he responded "When you shoot your mouth off on a
forum,
YOU make it my business and everyone elses.  If you're going to do it publicly
have the guts to apologize publicly.  Remember, I wrote you privately, not on
the forum where I probably should have."

I forwarded to him my apologies to Rob from my home computer at lunchtime.
Later
in the after noon he wrote "Cute answers but I still don't see anything
public...".  I informed him I was on a government computer at work and could
not
use it for private use, and to get off my back, to which he stated "Hasn't
stopped you so far". I was answering that email on my cellphone.
I don't want to continue this subject but I am being forced to. No one else has
demanded a public apology, everyone seemed to understand that it was a mistake
not made maliciously, and in fact the thread had died out. Again, as I thought
the apologies I did make were public, I didn't give it a second thought.
But since this person has nothing better to do than appoint himself the Emily
Post of the board, and seems to be obsessing on this, (and since I planned a
public apology this evening anyhow) I publicly apologize to Rob Mallet for the
mistaken identity issue that took place on this board yesterday, and I thank
him
for his gracious reply (sent to me privately).
End of subject.

John Robles