From: Phono-L [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On Behalf Of SN Medved
via Phono-L
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 11:21 AM
To: phonolist; phono-l@oldcrank.org
Cc: SN Medved
Subject: [Phono-L] 1A owners Model M question

I recently placed a 1A mechanism in a case and created what is a 2/4 Opera.
With the M in 2 or 4 minute and the stylus on the record and the machine
stopped how far off the record can the stylus be lifted?  On most machines
this is around 1/8 of an inch to allow for mandrel play.

The 1A bedplate is different from the Opera so I had an Opera reproduction
top brazed on a 1A stanchion.  The first M I tested out the stylus would
barely raise off the record and the second M I tested it would not raise off
at all.  I placed washers under the stanchion and will make a shim.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have zero experience with the
Amberola 1, 3, or Opera.

Thanks,

Steve