Hi...

I got a shared lib API written in PHP, that depends on sessions for its operation.
I took a prepared system in Perl that I want integrate with the shared lib API in PHP.

What I thought about is, to write a mediator class in Perl that will define the same API functions as I got in the shared lib API in PHP. I do not want to imitate the API functions workflow in Perl, but instead call the shared lib API in PHP from Perl (this way I don't have to maintain 2 class APIs in different languages).

I thought of making a PHP script that can run on shell and return serialized output of any API function in the shared lib. Then call that script from Perl and process the returned output in Perl.
Problem in this way is, that the shared lib in PHP uses sessions which are un-accessable from a shell script. And I cannot put that script on the web, since it returns sensitive data.
Is there a way to use sessions variables in PHP shell script (without reading the session file and parse it in the script)?

If anyone is familiar with any other implementation of such a mediator, please tell.

-thanks, Eli.