Hello,

I am trying to do a pre-search to let the users know how many rows
will be returned before they actually hit submit.  I think this is
more of a js question but :

I have this js function:

function preSearch() {
        //Put the form data into a variable
        var min_price= document.getElementById('min_price').value  ;
        var max_price= document.getElementById('max_price').value  ;
        document.getElementById('prop_num').innerHTML = "Searching...";

       var url = 'ajax.php?min_price=' + min_price +'&max_price=' + max_price;
        xmlhttp.open('GET',   url, true);
        xmlhttp.onreadystatechange = function() {
        if(xmlhttp.readyState == 4 && xmlhttp.status == 200) {
         document.getElementById('prop_num').innerHTML ='TotalRecords:
' + xmlhttp.responseText + ' ';
                        } else {
                                //If the PHP script fails to send a
response, or sends back an error, display a simple user-friendly
notification

document.getElementById('prop_num').innerHTML = '';
                        }
                };
                xmlhttp.send(null);
       // }
}

And have this for inputs:

<input name="min_price" id="min_price"> etc.

I would really like to have all of my inputs has part of an arry so:

<input name="search[min_price]" id="search[min_price]"> etc

The problem is js seems to get confused trying to look this up by id
and I don't think I can use an array like this with a GET, how can I
use arrays for all this??

Thanks!