On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 11:52:00AM +0100, Russell Seymour wrote:

> Morning,
>
> I am trying to make my URLs more search engine friendly and I have come
> up against a problem.
>
> I want the following URL:
>
>     mysite.example.com/articles/Test Story
>
> to be proxied to
>
>     mysite.example.com/index.php?m=articles&t=Test%20Story

Aside from the solution to your problem (which I don't have), you might
want to double-check on the "search engine friendliness" of URLs which
contain query strings. I know at one time this was the case, but the
latest I've heard is that URLs like your second one above are completely
okay with search engines. If someone else knows different, please speak
up.

And oh by the way, don't *ever* store a filename with a space in it on
your computer. It's Evil(tm). I curse the idiot who first came up with
allowing this in filenames. I have a special voodoo doll just for that
person, when I find them. As you can see, it causes all manner of odd
problems, no matter what OS it's on. (My local LUG list is periodically
hit with messages from people trying to overcome the problems attendant
to this habit.)

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster