From: "Friedhelm Betz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> From: "Hartmut Holzgraefe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> Egon Schmid wrote:
>>
>> > From: "Friedhelm Betz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> >
>> > currently updating translation of mysql.xml
>> > in de-version there's an intro with no counterpart in en.
>> > starting at:
>> > <para>
>> >     In diesem Dokument wird eine Reihe von Begriffen benutzt,
> die
>> >     hier kurz erläutert werden sollen.
>> > .... etc.
>> >
>> > What about this intro? Delete it, leave it?
>> >
>> > Leave it. It was written by Uwe Steinmann. He wants to give
some
>> > help for the German terms used in database documentation.
>> >
>> > -Egon
>>
>> please translate it back into english then
>>
>> the en tree should be the definitive documentation source
>> and translations should not add content not present in the
>> original documentation (with the exception of explanations
>> of language or cultural topics)

> Then move it into a Translation Guide and Terms to use in the de
> tree.

> -Egon

>Hartmut says translate it back, you say move it to a Translation
>Guide.
>I can translate this back, of course. But if this should be in a
>Translation Guide: who will do this? I myself have no idea how this
>should be done.

What Hartmut said is complete nonsense. You cannot translate a
explanation which terms should be used in German back to English.
Uwe made here his first attempt to write some guidelines for German
readers and translators. Hartmut is of course right if he wishes a
removal so that the German docs are in sync with the English docs.
If you don´t know how to move information within the German tree, so
delete it.

-Egon