On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 04:04:32AM -0800, Christopher Howard wrote:
> Additional question: Should I expect any weird behavior with transient
> symbols and the '< or '> operators? E.g. (assuming the symbols have not
> been assigned strange values) is it true that "abc" will always be less
> than "abd" regardless of the scope of the transient symbols?

Yes. '<' and '>' are comparison functions just like '=' and '>='. They compare
numbers (their numeric values), symbols (their names) and (recursively) cells
and lists.

'==' and 'n==' are of a differend category, as they only look at the pointer,
checking for identity.

So "abc" is less than "abd", and also less than 'abd' (internal symbol).

♪♫ Alex