Hi Arie,

I would like to send a more detailed reply later. I'm the author of the
flinux writeup. It's been a few years and things don't work as nicely as
they did back then.

I retested some the writeup today. I was unable to get the flinux static
option working. I was able to get flinux dynamic working, but the archlinux
distro is out of date and I wouldn't recommend going down that path any
more.

After the flinux experiment, I did do some work with a precusor to WSL,
midipix[1], which seems to still work.

The last time I tried WSL it had issues with database locking. I need to do
some more experiments on WSL now that I have a Win-10 machine

I have another option that I've used over the years, midipix, but it's out
of date as well.

Your best bet is probably to go with WSL or cygwin/msys for now.

When I first put all this together, there was little interest. It sounds
like there is more interest now so I'll see if I can dust it off and bring
it up to date

Thanks,
Joe