On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 11:03:31AM +0100, Alexander Burger wrote:
> In my understanding it is irrelevant how the library is linked, or the fact
> that
> pil21 "depends" on it

This is all such a mess! What is "linking" other than calling external code at
runtime?

In pil you can call any other library at any time with 'native'. At that moment
the library gets linked. How should we prevent that?

Or calling a GPLed program with (call "program" "arg" ...). This is functionally
also equivalen to linking, as it "uses" the code in another program.

If 'native' does not violate the GPL, then pil21 could be rewritten to use
'native' to call the readline API.

☺/ A!ex